Sunday, August 5, 2012

Black-Chinned Hummingbird

This morning was cool enough and I got up early enough to get out and watch for my fine feathered friends. It was almost immediately when I saw another Black-Chinned Hummingbird flitting around our trees near the feeder I set up. I managed to get this shot when he stopped to perch on a neighbor's clothesline to scope things out.

(Black-Chinned Hummingbird)
It's not easy catching these little guys sitting still, but this one was cooperating quite well. He kept his distance, because I was apparently making him a bit nervous.

Since making alterations to the seal on my ant moat, I've not seen any sign of ants contaminating their home-made nectar. In the hot weather we've been having, I have to refill the moat pretty often, but it's worth it. Even though I don't get out early enough most of the time, the nectar keeps going down - and it isn't leaking. I know where it's going now.  :)
.



No comments:

Post a Comment